Wednesday 25 September 2013

I not only make jewellery...

plum and apple crumble
... I also bake. Ok, not that often and sometimes not as often as I like, but I do do it sometimes, and I tend to enjoy it when I do. Sometimes anyway. Mainly if it's pudding.

Last week I had some plums (fresh and home-grown, although not at my home), and some little ramekin pots. I think you may know what this means!

Plum crumble. Mmmm. Although after I cooked them, the plums melted down into not-quite-enough so I added an apple as well. So plum and apple crumble. Or, as was suggested to me, Windfall Crumble.

They had a little too much plum juice in, hence it creeping up the sides, but I like it when home-baked things look home-baked. And, although it's me saying this, they did taste rather nice...

6 comments:

  1. They look really lovely. I never thought about making crumble in ramekins before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I saw a photo in an old magazine and thought it looked worth a try - and I have to say, it worked out really nicely. I'd certainly do it again :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh they do look delicious! Did you have them with lashings of custard?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not a big custard fan and instead indulged in creme fraiche...although I was very tempted by clotted cream... ;)

      Delete
  3. Mmmm :) Fruit crumble is one of the major highlights of autumn. Almost worth saying goodbye to summer for.... almost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almost... I know just what you mean! If only we could have both...

      Delete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment here - I always love to read them and I do my best to reply to them all, either here or by email.