Saturday 8 December 2012

The Jewelled Web


The run up to Christmas is always a busy time, and feels more hectic than ever, for me at least, this year. As much as a boon for shopping the internet is, it's also a massive distraction. But surfing around does have its compensations, not least a bit of down-time and on my virtual travels this last week or two, I've found some goodies. I thought I'd share them here.


A thoughtful post about finding balance by Silverpebble. Twitter or blog? I prefer blogs too...

Bracelet of the week, on Folksy.

Need inspiring photographs of vintage jewellery? Look no further.

How to wear all your rings at once. I approve.

A blast from the past on Folksy about making jewellery with wire.

Heard on Radio 4's Midweek show (listen again here), world renowned silversmith Jocelyn Burton talking about inspiration, metal, and training as a silversmith in less enlightened time (she's on first so listen from the start). Find her own website here for sumptuous examples of her work. (Download 5th December podcast here.)

And something with no connection to jewellery in any way whatsoever... a 'Where's Wally' but with photos and a very sweet dog ...


Hope you enjoy. Have you found any interesting links recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment here - I always love to read them and I do my best to reply to them all, either here or by email.