Tuesday 11 August 2009

Emergency camera blog post!

Okay. I've been trying to figure out just which camera to buy for ages. I can't do it. I've started to dream about it. This can't be good.

So I'm seeking help and advice.

This is the camera I'm looking at right now, a Panasonic Lumix DMC LZ10. It's not massively expensive but my budget is a maximum of £150 so that's a good thing.

This is what I want.
A good macro for taking jewellery photos.
A nifty movie clip facility with as much quality as possible 'cos I've not got a video camera.
At least a 4x optical zoom, although I'd rather have 5x.
Uses SD cards 'cos I've got loads of them . . .

I'm unsure about AA versus the lithium-ion batteries. I've got some decent rechargable AAs that are quite new, but I don't want to go insisting on them if a better camera takes the lithium-ions.

Ooo, it's all so difficult.

I'm hoping to do a photography course later in the year so I don't want anything too basic in terms of settings that can be altered.

So, please, any guidance would be most gratefully received!

2 comments:

  1. canon sureshot, or ixus, are good, very small, and lots of settings you can alter, it can be easy or more complicated and takes good pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I've googled every camera under the sun so far - so much so that I forget what I've looked at . . . ! Thanks for the advice - off to do more googling!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment here - I always love to read them and I do my best to reply to them all, either here or by email.